22.4.11

Grandpa's 90th Birthday!

Much love and light to my Grandfather, Fujio Shiogi as he welcomes his 90th year of life!  My fondest memories of Grandpa from when I was young include picking and eating vegetables from his garden (Kai and I once ate so many sugar snap peas that I got sick!), learning how to ride a bike (including falling hard off my bike, scraping my face, chipping my tooth and trying my hardest to hold it together as Grandpa said roughly, "that's enough, Mari, no more crying"  sniff, sniff) and my conversations with him as a young adult.  Just recently we video taped some of his personal legacy and stories.  What a gift! He is the wisest man I know.  Happy Birthday, Fudge!  We love you!

 Delicious dinner prepared by Auntie Priscilla and Uncle Mike.  Everything was perfect!

Blowing out the candles!  All of the great grand children (and helpers) participated!

 Baby fever!  Everyone had to take turns holding our Miss Mads.  When Alissa saw Tyler and Marcy's car drive by, she shouted "I'm going to wash my hands!"  She was the first in line, of course!  

 Cousins!

Amals and Alison

Cousin time!  One of the best parts of my childhood was growing up with Kai (of course) as well as Alissa and Jay who were like my siblings.  Watching Trey and Amalia together is so familiar and sweet. 

 Lots of love!  It looks like he's praying "Not too much love, Amalia!"


 "What did you say to me?"



 Hugging Kat!

 Mads opening her eyes and really looking at Grandpa.  She was awake so much that evening! 

 More cousin love!

Enjoying chips and Dora DVD, after a long evening of dinner, playing, singing and more.  Happy Birthday Grandpa!

1 comment:

Alissa Allen said...

Love the pics!!!!