21.6.10

Day of Culture!

So, the sun is shining, my Mom invited us to the ballet.  We saw Coppelia, which I had never seen before.  The main character Franz, was a crack up and totally a fool in love.  Overall, the dancing was spectacular and the little girls in the last act were adorable.

After the ballet, we sauntered and skipped through the Pacific Science Center (which he had never visited before).  We went to the EMP which was really fun.  Of course, the music section was hooked up.  Si played in the drum room for a spell.  He said the drum set was really cool, as he jammed and jammed.  My ears hurt, so I only stayed inside for a few minutes.

My most favorite exhibit in the museum (which I have no pictures, of course) was the Supremes!  They had several costume sets from their performances and they were magnificent!  The detail and design was so gorgeous, classic and truly made music history.  My most favorite piece (just try to imagine) was a midlength dress with a full skirt that had sections of oranges, reds, and maroon all beaded, then like pretty flames, the beading continued up to the top, which was hot orange.  So amazing!

No comments: