21.6.10

Japanese maple garden

All of my life, I have loved Japanese maple trees.  When I was growing up, we had one in our backyard.  So, my hope is that we'll have many in all of the homes we live in (later on in life).  In an effort to remove some grass (which is such a waste of water and energy), we'll plant gardens!  Er, I should say Simon will take out the grass and we'll plant together.  So, this little garden has a beautiful Japanese maple tree ("Crimson red") and surrounding the tree (although hard to tell at the moment) are batches of black mondo grass and batches of brass buttons, which are also a New Zealand plant.

Near our home, we have Mintners Nursery and it is such a gem.  It can be a little pricier, but it's great for special plants.  Ask for Eddie and he will give you such great knowledge, help and is a bit fun, too.  He helped us design this area after we put some ideas together.  Simon also helped A LOT.

No comments: